Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

What I've Learned


            I’ve learned a lot this quarter, not only academically, but through life experiences.  Death has been the bringing of this new knowledge, from Ms.McKenna and my great aunt.  Death can be prolonged and known, or sudden without warning so you must live life to its fullest.  All in all I have learned how to cope with a passing, and what to do in life to make you remember and achieve happiness.
            My great aunt planned her own funeral in 2008 or ’09.  She spent her whole life helping others for as long as she could.  When she became sick, many people came back to help which helped her live as long as she did.  I don’t fully believe that she wanted to live the last few years though, even though she fought through it all, I believe she wanted to be “reunited” with her husband in which she loved so much.  From my Aunt Margaret’s life, I have learned to help others without discrimination and with eyes that see no difference.  Be welcoming and loving to your friends and enemies because nobody deserves worse.  My aunt took care of literally around 10,000 people with money out of her own pocket so she could achieve happiness and reach heaven.  I’m not sure if there is a heaven or not, but I know that whatever happens after life, she got the best of it.
            Ali McKenna has shown me brutal criticism, which may sound bad but it is not.  I was irritated until her passing, which then I realized that she was doing it for my best interest.  I wish I could see her one last time to give her thanks and apologies for the hard times I gave her.  The most important thing that I learned from her though, was to be yourself and no matter what pursue what makes you happy.  I have taken that thought and applied it to my life; results haven’t come yet, but change is starting to occur.  She did do what she wanted, but sacrificed for others and for their gaining of knowledge, which I think is under appreciated. 
            In Final, which I had not mentioned before, I want to thank Mr.Good because he stepped up and came to teach the classes left behind.  He gave new perspectives of everything, which helped me realize in more depth the difference in every living being.  He came with kindness and open arms to everyone who returned the favor.  I thank him with great gratitude for everything he has done.
flowers-on-a-grave.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment