Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prison Cell Poetry

Wombsong
by Martin Williams

I was fed there
in your darkness,
sung to by your blood's
rhythmic, endless rush,
a faint, tidal roar
with every draw of breath;
no moon, no stars,
no other living thing but me.  In thoughtless
eternity I floated, so pure
that nothing dared
touch me.  Subtle
impurities flowed from your veins to mine,
the bread and wine
of a long
perhaps unending
sacrifice.  If I dreamed
I dreamed only the images
you gave me, deep
within a washing sea
eyeless, seeing forms
without form, all that was
as I was, all
that is.

How painful it must have been for you,
how close to death
when first told of my existence
held aloft in the hand of a cold giant
fingers wedged
into my screaming
screaming mouth.


pregnant-lady-stomach-tummy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment